Designers! In March a new program called Bridge by Designer Fund will pair up designers with high profile startups like Path, Dropbox, Pinterest, and Airbnb.
Bridge isn’t your typical residency, built to get young people into the industry. Rather, it’s intended for mid- to senior-level designers across all disciplines to try out the startup experience for three months—completely integrated with the team, working on an applied project that can be finished within a quarter.
For more on Bridge, check out the full story here.
- box tent : the plastic table-like item found in pizza boxes
- jamais vu : that feeling of seeing something for the first time, even though there’s nothing new about it
- paresthesia : that tingling sensation when your foot falls asleep
- grawlix : the string of typographical symbols comic strips use to indicate profanity (“$%@!”)
- caruncula : the small, triangular pink bump on the inside corner of each eye
- badinage : another word for playful banter
- rhumba : a group of rattlesnakes
- dringle : to waste time by being lazy
- agraffe : the wire cage that keeps the cork in a bottle of champagne
- wings : those back flaps on a bra
- rasher : a single slice of bacon
- purlicue : the web between your thumb and forefinger
Our new website has an updated look and new features - check it out and let us know what you think!
Be you. Make sure you’re saying something when you’re saying something. It’s important to sound like you, to feel like you, to be like you. Be you.”
— Erykah Badu (via funkchunk)
BNA ✈ SFO #holidayover
Photo: fastcompany: http://t.co/ZcCebHM7
An unexpected side-effect of the 2010 flooding in parts of Sindh, Pakistan, was that millions of spiders climbed up into the trees to escape the rising flood waters; because of the scale of the flooding and the fact that the water took so long to recede, many trees became cocooned in spiders webs. People in the area had never seen this phenomenon before, but they also reported that there were less mosquitos than they would have expected, given the amount of standing water that was left. Not being bitten by mosquitoes was one small blessing for people that had lost everything in the floods.
Police Pepper-Spray Peaceful UC Davis Students: Ask Chancellor Katehi to Resign! http://t.co/lwub7veG via @change